Photo by Joff Lee
These delicious crisp, cheesy snacks are perfect for entertaining and parties. Serve them with a glass of wine and a bowl of olives or as savory dippers for tzatziki.
- Makes about 40 twists
- Active Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 27 minutes
- 425g (14oz) pack ready-rolled puff pastry sheets (2 sheets)
- Flour, for dusting
- 125g (4 1/2oz / 1 cup) grated halloumi
- 100g (4oz / 1 cup) grated Pecorino or Parmesan
- A small bunch of chives, snipped
- 1 medium free-range egg, beaten
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan)/400°F/gas 6.
- Line two baking trays (cookie sheets) with baking parchment.
- Unroll one of the pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. Scatter nearly half of the grated cheeses over it. Sprinkle with the chives and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Fold the pastry in half to cover the cheesy filling and roll outto the original size. Cut into strips 1cm (1/2 inch) wide and brush lightly with beaten egg. Twist them three or four times. Repeat with the remaining sheet of pastry.
- Arrange the pastry twists on the baking trays and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes until puffed up and golden brown.
- Leave to cool completely before eating. You can store them in an airtight container for 48 hours.
Source: Read Full Article