Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins are perfectly scrumptious and can be eaten for breakfast, an afternoon snack or an after-dinner treat. The combination of in-season raspberries and creamy, delicious white chocolate makes for the ultimate baked goods, so get the children involved in baking something delicious with this easy muffin recipe from Miele – perfect for a rainy day!
Raspberry and white chocolate muffin recipe
To make 24 muffins, you will need a muffin tray with 24 holes, if not you can do two batches of 12.
You will also need muffin cases to ensure the batter doesn’t stick to the sides of the tray.
In terms of ingredients, you will need:
- 500g self raising flour
- 300g golden caster sugar (plus extra for sprinkling)
- Half teaspoon of baking powder
- 200g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 160g raspberries
- Scones recipe: How to make scones
- 300ml milk
- 80g soured cream
- 100g butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons raspberry preserve
- Homemade lemonade recipe: Lemon, pink and watermelon
To make the muffins, follow these simple steps:
1) In a large bowl, mix together the flour, caster sugar, baking powder, chopped chocolate and raspberries
2) In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, soured cream, butter and eggs.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
DON’T MISS: Smoothie bowl recipe: How to make a smoothie bowl
Fourth of July desserts: How to make the perfect cake
Royal recipe: How to make cheesy baked eggs fit for a king
Place a tablespoon of the mixture into the base of each muffin case.
Dot a small amount of raspberry preserve on top of the mixture in each case before spooning the remaining mixture equally over the top to enclose the preserve.
Sprinkle a small amount of caster sugar on the surface of each muffin.
3) Put each of the muffin trays on a solid baking tray and place into the oven – ensuring there is a shelf empty between the two batches.
Heat the oven to a temperature of 180C.
Bake the muffins for 25 minutes until risen and lightly golden.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool, alternatively, you can serve when slightly warm.
Pair with a dollop of vanilla ice cream for the perfect post-meal treat. Enjoy!
Source: Read Full Article