Active Time: :30 Mins
Total Time: :30 Mins
Yield: :Serves 4 (serving size: 1 chicken cutlet and 2 cups salad)
Looking to showcase your farmers’ market haul in its finest glory? In that case—you, my friend, are looking for this awe-inspiring spring chicken dinner. Every component brings something special to the table in a salad like this: Your greens create a sweet, crunchy base with a peppery hit from arugula, radishes contribute a pleasant bitter-edged brightness, cucumbers offer a clean crunch, potatoes pack the buttery richness, and a tangy, herbaceous vinaigrette is everything you need to tie everything together. Served alongside a golden-crisp chicken cutlet this lively plate nails the perfect balance of fried and fresh. In other words, this recipe is sure route to dinnertime nirvana.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon each chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, tarragon, and chives
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1medium shallot, coarsely chopped
- 4(6-oz.) chicken breast cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (about 4 1/4 oz.) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces baby new potatoes, boiled and chilled
- 1(8-oz.) pkg. steam-in-bag French green beans
- 6 ounces baby romaine leaves, washed and torn
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas, sliced diagonally
- 2 ounces baby arugula
- 1small Persian cucumber, sliced thinly (about 4 oz.)
- 1watermelon radish, thinly sliced and plunged into ice water to chill (about 4 oz.)
- Lemon wedges, if desired
How to Make It
Prepare the Herb Vinaigrette: Process all herb vinaigrette ingredients in a mini food processor until almost completely smooth, leaving a few small pieces of herb and shallot visible. Set aside.
Prepare the Salad: Pat chicken cutlets dry with paper towels; sprinkle with pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Whisk together egg and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a wide shallow dish. Add flour to a second wide shallow dish, and panko to a third. Bread chicken cutlets by first dredging in flour, then dipping in egg mixture, then finally in panko, pressing to adhere panko to chicken surface. Place breaded cutlets on a plate. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add breaded cutlets to hot oil, and cook until golden brown and chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from skillet, and cover to keep warm.
Slice the boiled and chilled potatoes into 1/4-inch slices, and toss with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Prepare the green beans according to package directions. Set aside.
Toss together romaine, sugar snap peas, arugula, cucumber, radish, and 1/2 cup of the herb vinaigrette in a large bowl. Divide dressed salad among 4 plates; add a chicken cutlet, and equal portions potatoes and green beans. Drizzle each plate with 1 1/2 tablespoons vinaigrette, and serve with a lemon wedge, if desired.
Source: Read Full Article