Active time:10 min. Total time:35 min.
Yield: Serves 8 (serving size: 3/4 cup)
This Cheesy Potato Bake makes a great potluck dish or side for brunch. It’s super easy to mix together and throw in the oven, and you can even assemble it a day ahead and bake just before serving. You can use any brand of shredded hash browns, or make it with fresh potatoes that you peel, boil and dice beforehand. Cream of bacon soup is readily available, even if you’ve never heard of it.
- Cooking spray
- 1(30-oz.) pkg. frozen country-style shredded hash browns, thawed and patted dry
- 1(10-oz.) can condensed cream of bacon soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cup finely chopped scallions (about 3 medium scallions)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups), divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a 13- x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Stir together hash browns, soup, sour cream, scallions, butter, chili powder, salt, pepper, and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese in a large bowl. Spoon mixture into prepared dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake in preheated oven until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted and bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot.
Source: Read Full Article