Photo by Alex Lau
Serve this caramel over ice cream, stirred into yogurt, or drizzled over a brownie or slice of pound cake whenever you want the chill effect, without that "herbal" flavor. Use full-spectrum CBD oil (we like Ritual or Isodiol) for the best effect.
- 12 (2 Tbsp.) servings (15 mg CBD each)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 180 mg CBD oil
- Cook sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, without stirring, until it begins to melt and turn golden brown around the edges. Use a heatproof spatula to stir melted sugar into unmelted sugar and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until all sugar is melted and caramel turns a deep amber color, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and carefully add cream to caramel, stirring constantly (mixture will bubble vigorously and seize). Add butter and stir until melted, then stir in vanilla and salt. Let caramel cool slightly (about 5 minutes), then vigorously stir in CBD oil until mixture is emulsified. Transfer to an airtight container and let cool completely.
- Do Ahead
- Caramel can be made 2 weeks ahead. Cover and chill. Reheat over low before using.
Source: Read Full Article