Photo by Evi Abeler
Pancakes made of bananas and almond butter?? Enough said. The protein here comes from the eggs, which also give these sweet, nutty pancakes a light, crepe-like texture.
- 4 servings
- 2 large, very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Sliced banana and cocoa nibs, for serving
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until smooth.
- Whisk in the almond butter, then add eggs one at a time, making sure each is thoroughly incorporated into the mixture.
- Stir in the cinnamon.
- Heat a large cast-iron (or ceramic skillet) over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot enough that a drop of water splashed on it sizzles and bounces, add the coconut oil.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of the batter per pancake onto the skillet, leaving room for them to spread.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bottom is set, before flipping. Cook on the opposite side for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve topped with sliced bananas and cocoa nibs.
Source: Read Full Article