Welcome to September! Just like it always seems to do, summer flew by. Suddenly the kids are back in school, the days are getting shorter, and we’re all starting to prepare for pumpkins and raking leaves.
But technically the calendar says we’ve still got a couple of weeks until fall officially begins, on September 23. So in this transition month, let’s celebrate the very last bits of summer, welcome fall, and ease back into busy weeknights with a few seasonal meals.
Embrace easy weeknight dinners.
Even if you don’t have kids rushing off to soccer practice or piano lessons, September often means the return of a jam-packed schedule. These simple dinners are sure to help when it seems like the only thing you have time for is takeout.
- 30-Minute Pesto Chicken with Burst Cherry Tomatoes
- Baked Parmesan-Crusted Chicken
- Crispy Sheet Pan Gnocchi and Veggies
- One-Skillet Cheesy Beef and Macaroni
- Honey-Garlic Shrimp Stovetop Rice Casserole
Hold on to summer.
You may notice the days getting shorter, but there are plenty of warm days left for grilling. Plus, your garden — or the local farmers market — will have ripe tomatoes and zucchini until the weather turns, so make the most of it while you can!
- How To Make the Best Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Stuffed Eggplant Parm
- Shredded Zucchini and Fontina Casserole
- Grilled Eggplant Burgers with Halloumi Cheese
- Flank Steak Panzanella
Dip your toes into fall.
September is also the beginning of apple season! Also, as the evenings start to cool, lean into the change and cook something cozy.
- Orzo with Caramelized Fall Vegetables & Ginger
- Balsamic & Mustard Glazed Chicken Thighs and Figs
- Easy One-Bowl Apple Bundt Cake
- Apple-Bacon Slaw
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Host a pizza night.
As the month gets busy, it’s a good time to set a night aside for something that’s simply fun. Invite friends over and celebrate by hosting a homemade pizza night.
- How To Make Classic Sheet Pan Pizza
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Classic Margherita Pizza
- Veggie Supreme Pizza
- Every Pizza Place Salad
Source: Read Full Article